- Craft brewers currently provide an estimated 100,000 jobs in the U.S., including serving staff in brewpubs.
- Growth of the craft brewing industry in 2010 was 11% by volume and 12% by dollars compared to growth in 2009 of 7.2% by volume and 10.3% by dollars.
- Overall, U.S. beer sales were down an estimated 1.0% by volume in 2010.
- Craft brewers sold an estimated 9,951,956 barrels* of beer in 2010, up from 8,934,446 in 2009.
- Overall, US beer sales were down 2.2% in 2009.
- Imported beer sales were down 10% in 2009 and up 5% in 2010.
- The craft brewing sales share in 2010 was 4.9% by volume and 7.6% by dollars.
- Craft brewer retail dollar value in 2010 was an estimated $7.6 billion, up from $7 billion in 2009.
- 1,753 breweries operated for some or all of 2010, the highest total since the late-1800s.
*All information from the BrewersAssociation.org